The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what's a good way to ship single LEAVES of plants. I guess possibly express envelopes?

Would putting the leaves in like damp paper towels soaked in sugar water make them last longer? Would a single leaf remain green for 2-3 days with priority shipping?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think brown parts are the issue exactly..I just need it to be semi-alive in good condition.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably tissue culture. :proud:
Bingo. Can't pay for whole rare plants with hoover flags lol. But I'll just be more patient if it doesn't pan out...When my culture setup really gets going I'm taking down the 60P for a quick cash infusion.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Bingo. Can't pay for whole rare plants with hoover flags lol. But I'll just be more patient...When my culture setup really gets going I'm taking down the 60P for a quick cash infusion.
Tissue culture sounds really interesting... do you perhaps have any informative links that you could post? Do you have a journal for this?

Edit: Sorry about getting off-topic. I bet they would do fine wrapped in a moist paper towel shipped via priority, but express is always the safest way to go.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/plants/149185-jeffs-foray-into-ptc-pics-clean.html

Here yah go...I've actually got a good handful of anubias and some rare crypts coming in soon. Also my girlfriend (bless her for fueling my addiction) has ordered my chemicals for me. So as soon as all the mail comes in I'll be ready to start.

I've compiled what's essentially every source you need to start tissue culturing. chemicals are ordered from phytotech.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.