The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have located a reputable shrimp seller overseas. Its going to cost $42 in shipping, but that will get them to me in 2-4 days.

How well do cherry shrimp handle travel? I'm ordering 50 but I'm worried about how well they will do with the journey.

Can anyone offer any feedback on this one?

·
Registered
845 Posts
2 to 4 days...they should do fine. Of course it all depends on how well they were packaged and how the packaged is handled by whatever carrier is delivering it to you. Overall, cherries are very hardy. If it's cold and snowing in your region, then make sure to get that package ASAP! Don't let it sit outside too long...they will freeze/die. There are some lucky ones that had their packages left out in the snow for a long while, but they lived. Due to great packaging by the seller for sure.

·
Registered
290 Posts
what kind of price did you get for the cherries? you could probably get them cheaper from the swap n shop. Otherwise, cherries are very hard, so unless its blistering cold and raining in BC, you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
50 Adults,already breeding, for $50 (US). I can't buy adults here, and young cherry shrimp (under half an inch long) seem to be selling for $9 each (Canadian)

so $92 US for 50 Adult Shrimp is a lot better then $450 for 50 Young ones
It still seems a lot. What shipping method are they using?

-Pedro

·
Registered
773 Posts
It looks like some sellers on Aquabid are willing to ship to Canada for much cheaper than what you are paying. Also, the juveniles ship better and you'll have tons of shrimp before you know it.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Being willing to ship to Canada, and actually having the package get passed Canadian Customs are two entirely different matters.

Make sure that the seller has successfully shipped to Canada in the past and will refund you your purchase price (at least) should the pacakge get confiscated/delayed by customs (resulting in shrimp death).

As for the actual shipping of Cherry shrimp, they should have no problem with up to a week in a breather bag. They are very hardy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts