The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was goofing off this afternoon on drsfostersmith.com and decided to place a fake order for $90,000 worth of tanks.

Shipping was $34.00 for next day shipping LOL

chaz

·
Registered
439 Posts
hahaha

I do that regularly as well, when i have free time during college. *Let me tell you, college=free time*

I like to go online and 'custom design' things to see how much of my wallet would implode.

For example, alienware computers w/the works. Aston Martin Vanquish. 50,000 sq. ft. greenhouse with all the trimmings. etc.

Its a blast when your blind from boredom, until you realize it sucks you cant have it, and then cry...

HAHAHa cheers,

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
HEH. Sounds like it gets cheaper in bulk!

If they ever DO have someone drop a bomb like that, I'm sure they'll be pretty surprised. ;) I can just see it now, some pet store opens up and takes advantage of the cheap shipping...

Are you going to be a good citizen and point out the mistake? ;)

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Chaznsc is probably correct. What do they care if the shipping is, say a few hundred bucks? They just made $90,000, which is (insert markup amount) more than what they paid for the products from the manufacturer. Anyone have $90,000 to spend? Not I.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
lemme say if those were tanks that were loaded up 90K worth of would run a GOOD amount on shipping. So I don't think they would let a freight bill like that slip by. 90 grand will get ya 50 of their 90 gallon tanks kits. that would take a few large trucks to deliver. at about 3-4 thousand per truck.
Shipping on the order I just tried to place for that came out to 17 bucks. lol

i'm sure if someone tried to place that order someone would stop it before it went out.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sounds like someone needs to get a real major then! ;)
ohh haha mister admin lol. actually I am working for double major: management/marketing, horticulture, and and minor in entrepreneurial studies.

I go to PSU and have a 3.93 GPA, not a 4.0 because I got an A- last semester :)angryfire boo evil professor!)

My course schedule leaves me with a lot of open gaps in my week so yes, I do have a lot of free time. Thats why I have this hobby, and spend so much time on this website and on my various tanks. :red_mouth :biggrin:

As a matter of fact, as a token of my appreciation, Im going into support mode. :icon_lol: :proud:

Great site admins, mods, creators. Dont be suprised if I buy it hehe :flick:

cheers,

·
Registered
439 Posts
There! For my appreciation to you guys/gals for all the great info and knowledge I have gained from this site, i am now supporting monetarily. :biggrin:

cheers,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts