The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I resealed my tank over a week ago, let it dry over 48hrs and it has been filled with water for over a week now. I used GE 100% silicone. It was hard to the touch before I filled it. It's still hard to the touch but if you rub it, it sheads! is this normal? I am freaking out!:icon_excl

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's like "skin". Like if you got sunburn and peeled your dead skin. I noticed it when I had a powerhead aimed in the corner and then yesterday i saw what I thought was co2 "scum" clinging to plants. Then i looked at the seals today. If I rub my finger up them, a skin like slim coat comes off and then the silicone is squeaky clean. My concern is, will it peel again tomorrow?

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah. I got every last peice off. Cleaned the glass, etc.. It's not peeling from the glass. It's like its shedding skin. I rubbed a whole seam down and cleaned the "skin" off. I guess if it keeps happening, I have problems.....

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
i think it may be a one time thing, been a while since i sealed a tank, but if memory serves i saw some of that flake too...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts