The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Sweet pictures.

Personally I don't think that sharks should be kept in captivity, especially in such a small enclosure.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I feel like I am on a dive trip :) Sweet pics, Ed~

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sweet pictures.

Personally I don't think that sharks should be kept in captivity, especially in such a small enclosure.
i agree. there very nice pictures but that tank is way to small for that fish. and the fact that he has more fish in there.
just tells me he didint think this though they can grow to 6'.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Sharks in particular - breath by staying on the move,
so keeping even a small shark is not fair for them.
It's VERY impressive what he did, and will definitely
increase foot traffic into the store as long as he can
keep the tank inhabitants in healthy display condition.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I've seen worse conditions in public aquariums.

Awesome pictures. I'd like to see more of what you shoot.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Mostly true, though there are some reef species, such as the bamboo and epaulette sharks, that do well in captivity. They are sedentary species who spend most of their time tucked away in a nook in the coral (no, they don't need to swim constantly to breathe, that's only certain sharks). But a blacktip is a very active species that will certainly need more than 1000 gallons when full grown. Hopefully he has some kind of a plan for its future.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Great pics! You wouldn't happen to have any old equipment lying around for sale? I want to take pics too! Lol

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
And when I saw the title I thought I was going to see neon tetra pictures eating bloodworms!:hihi:

Amazing pictures! FTS please?

Very cool, if I had more money than I knew what to do with I would have something like that in my basement. Alas...
LMAO agreed... A shoal of Great white sharks would OWN!

-Andrew

1 - 14 of 14 Posts