The Planted Tank Forum banner

221 - 223 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Curious how long folks are running their bulbs before replacing with a fresh ones?

My current ones have been in about a year and I'm starting to wonder about it. Figured even if I don't need them for quite awhile it might be good to have some extras on hand

I think someone early on in this thread made a comment about PowerVeg going away. I have found it impossible to order the 660 from anywhere. google'd my finger tips off and came up empty:(

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Curious how long folks are running their bulbs before replacing with a fresh ones?

My current ones have been in about a year and I'm starting to wonder about it. Figured even if I don't need them for quite awhile it might be good to have some extras on hand

I think someone early on in this thread made a comment about PowerVeg going away. I have found it impossible to order the 660 from anywhere. google'd my finger tips off and came up empty:(
I was able to work with the vendor as well as a local hydroponics store to source 660's, so they are still there, just not easy to come by. Need to really ask around!

As to how long to run bulbs? Some say 12-18 months, others have measured PAR and not had too much of a drop 2 years in. I suppose it depends? :)

221 - 223 of 223 Posts