The Planted Tank Forum banner

201 - 205 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'll need to look through my notes, but I feel like somewhere in this thread I must have posted a similar setup to what you mentioned.
Another fine example of the need for a "bookmark" option on the forum. Nearly every single time I get on here, I end up having the need for a bookmark option. I'm not sure how hard it would be to build one into the forum but it sure would be nice. Over on reef2reef I have a mountain of bookmarks with individual titles for each one for very easy referencing.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk Pro

Each post generates a unique URL which you can bookmark in your browser - here's the URL from your post

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/11390371-post200.html

Right-click over the link in the upper right of the post to grab the URL...in your post's case it's where it said 'post #200 of 200' (at the time I wrote this)

This works on laptop/desktop....not sure about mobile

Maybe not the simplest/most elegant but better than nuthin'

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think I found a combo that makes me happy for a while with a reasonable PAR
for the time being (90 ish at substrate).

Pure Bloom
Flora Sun
Pure Par
Flora Sun

First off thanks for all the help so far, it's greatly appreciated. Was this the bulb comb you mentioned? If so what would you rearrange for a 4 bulb combo. I would also love more recommendations before I place an order.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I think I found a combo that makes me happy for a while with a reasonable PAR

for the time being (90 ish at substrate).

Pure Bloom

Flora Sun

Pure Par

Flora Sun

First off thanks for all the help so far, it's greatly appreciated. Was this the bulb comb you mentioned? If so what would you rearrange for a 4 bulb combo. I would also love more recommendations before I place an order.
Yeah, this is probably it. Just note the flora sun is not an agromax bulb and will come from a different source. Running this with 4 bulbs I would just remove one of the flora sun bulbs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'll need to look through my notes, but I feel like somewhere in this thread I must have posted a similar setup to what you mentioned.

Each post generates a unique URL which you can bookmark in your browser - here's the URL from your post

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/11390371-post200.html

Right-click over the link in the upper right of the post to grab the URL...in your post's case it's where it said 'post #200 of 200' (at the time I wrote this)

This works on laptop/desktop....not sure about mobile

Maybe not the simplest/most elegant but better than nuthin'
@rzn7z7 - thanks for the heads-up! I am aware of the bookmarking option when using the PC/full website. The problem is that is not an option on Tapatalk/mobile. I use Tapatalk greater than 95% of the time when on the site. I specifically went with Tapatalk Pro based on a strong recommendation from a friend and the idea that, IMHO, the mobile platform lacks functionality in a big way.

But, like you said, it's better than nuttin'!

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk Pro

·
Planted Tanker
5,937 Posts
Sharing this post from my journal. I ordered a round of new Agrobrite bulbs. HTGSupply has pretty good deals on 4-packs. Got 4 ea 3000K, the red Pure Bloom and the purple-ish Pure Par. For the money at under 10 ea, you really cant beat these, especially if you run as many bulbs as I do over several tanks. Dont worry @Greggz Im still down for the PV. :p

Also grabbed two of these led T5. I dont think they've been out long, Ive never seen then before. Has 450 blue, 660 red, and 5500K. Could be a good bulb if the color looks right.

https://www.htgsupply.com/products/agroled-isunlight-led-t5-tube-bloom/

Here's the current 6 bulb on the 75 soil tank

Left, which is the front, to right: Agromax Pure Bloom, ZooMed 420, Powerveg 660, TrueLumen Flora, Wavepoint UG, 6500K. Whats missing is the 3000K. When the new bulbs arrive I'll put one of those somewhere in the middle and ditch the 6500K. Its just there for lack of a good bulb atm

Will update on the new LED bulbs...

201 - 205 of 205 Posts