The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there i am in the process son turning my reef down the reasons are the high cost of electricity and the high temp we are getting in Puerto Rico.

My tank is a rimless 30x24x13 and it has a internal overflow it has a 20long sump but i am not sure if going sump is better then canister what can you guys tell me any advice will be helpfull. The light consist of 4 t5ho 39watts coralife but i think i am going led i have to think about that one hehehehehe. The substrate i will uses is the amazonia i like that substrate too much hehehehehe. The co2 will be a paintball system with 2 24oz tanks but i dont know what type of diffusion to use a atomic from GLA or going pinwheel or go with a powerhead in the tank. The plan is to do a wood scape with stems like the one that Mr.Barr did in his 120p. I already have a 20gal semi emerged setup that i have there some blyxia japonica in the wet side and elocharis in the dry side and xmas moss on both side.

Pic coming soon well of my reef since i am waiting to get rid of the corals hehehehhehehehe

·
Registered
691 Posts
Great plan. I went with a GLA atomic diffusor and have had really solid results with it.

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts