The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Firstly I am new here but loving the forum and all the information on here.

I am very new to shrimp keeping but I have a very healthy group of cherry shrimp which are doing really well. I brought 9 to start with hoping I would get a mixture of males and females.

6 of them are defiantly female due to them forming saddles on their backs. I'm having difficulty sexing the other 3 but I have a feeling that they are females too.

I was wondering if any of you could shed some light on the sex of them by looking at the photos.

Also I have a 19 litre fluval spec and was wondering how many shrimp I could happily keep in it? Along with the shrimp a have 3 oto's.

Thanks for any help :)

Attachments

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
2 females and last is a male.

You can tell as the males are smaller, less colorful (usually) and they have less of a rounded abdomen.

And to answer how many can you happily keep? 10 adults per gallon, roughly an infinite amount of juvies xD just kidding but really, you just have to keep the adult population at or below 10 per gallon.

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
+1 for shrimp genders and per gallon...but people break the per gallon one all the time. LOL
Yeah. I would too :) I just know most people don't have enough moss and filtration and parameters to break it. Well most people on this forum do, but elsewhere.. No.

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the information guys, really appreciate it. Its good to know there is at least one male in there so I guess it is just a waiting game now :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts