The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last month, maybe six weeks, I've had a random string of deaths. I lost four chili rasbora and today I found one peppered cory dead. The chili rasbora would get super skinny over the course of a week and then die. The cory looked completely normal when I pulled him out today.

I haven't been able to pin point anything that could be causing the deaths. I thought it might be parasites, so I treated the whole tank with PraziPro, but I had two fish die after the treatment.

20 gallon long, sand, root tabs, very lightly fertilized (only when levels get low). PH is 7.6ish, temp is between 74-76. 0/0/5-10, phosphate ~5. Lots of fast growing plants, some snails, and shrimp. I don't have anything to test gh/kh/tds.

I'm really at a loss here as to what to do now. I've had the corys since I set up the tank last July, so I'm pretty sad about losing one. The 8 corys were the first thing I added after the tank cycled and they've all been healthy up until now.

Sorry for the novel, just feeling bad. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.