The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
Jus bought a HaiLea chiller, model:HC-250A, and im new to this equipmet..
I would need some advise on this setup for a single inlet flow and one outlet. While in-between this connection consist of a canister filter and chiller.

Or its is not feasible to connect in single inlet n outlet flow?

I have concern with the flow rate, if water is to flow from canister to chiller. Will chiller cause "freezing effect" and contamination, if in-flow is too slow? Pls advise if there is site that show how-to.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
hi all,
Jus bought a HaiLea chiller, model:HC-250A, and im new to this equipmet..
I would need some advise on this setup for a single inlet flow and one outlet. While in-between this connection consist of a canister filter and chiller.

Or its is not feasible to connect in single inlet n outlet flow?

I have concern with the flow rate, if water is to flow from canister to chiller. Will chiller cause "freezing effect" and contamination, if in-flow is too slow? Pls advise if there is site that show how-to.
The chiller should have a min and max flow rate usually depending on the horsepower. Does it not include a manual?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.hailea.com/E-hailea/product-1/HC-250A.html

You can size your pump/canister filter according to the specs on that page.

Tank --> canister --> chiller --> tank return....just make sure your canister flow rate matches the specs on the chiller.
Not too sure if Eheim Pro 2222 is able to connect to chiller,
Filter flow rate of 500l/h, whereas chiller flow rate min is 600l/h.
I have concern of "freezing effect" within chiller, or there no such phenomenon that will happen.
http://www.eheimasiapacific.com/English/pro.htm

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
I don't think it will freeze but I have heard they will come on and shut off more often which probably isn't good for them but I dont know for sure.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Most people just used a dedicated external pump for their chiller. Use an Eheim Hobby, Iwaki, Pan-World, etc. to run the chiller. Put a pre-filter on the intake and you're done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts