The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting back into freshwater after a few years in reefing. I got myself a 10 gallon with some plants like monte carlo, anubias nana petite, microsword, moneywort, scarlet temple, hydrocotyle. The goal is to have a easy tank where I don't have to trim anything every week. I had the whole setup with CO2 and all in the past and it was too much work although enjoyable.

I am to reuse my AI Prime HD (REEF version). Anyone have any settings that are good for a 10 gallon low tech tank? I found a random one but it would be great if I can get growth without also getting an algae bloom since the light is strong.

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
I'm getting back into freshwater after a few years in reefing. I got myself a 10 gallon with some plants like monte carlo, anubias nana petite, microsword, moneywort, scarlet temple, hydrocotyle. The goal is to have a easy tank where I don't have to trim anything every week. I had the whole setup with CO2 and all in the past and it was too much work although enjoyable.

I am to reuse my AI Prime HD (REEF version). Anyone have any settings that are good for a 10 gallon low tech tank? I found a random one but it would be great if I can get growth without also getting an algae bloom since the light is strong.
Intensity is plant driven color is "you' driven.. ;)
Old style?

Standard RGB and white..just cut the blue/violet back to taste, you only need about 20% of the output total.
Start w/ something like this.. Diodes "normalized" to 1 @ 3W by using 3 @ 1W
* MIXING LIST
----------------------------------------
Cree XP-G CoolWhite (5000-10000K) x12
Cree XP-E Blue (465-485nm) x3
Cree XP-E Green (520-535nm) x3
OSRAM OSLON-SSL HyperRed (644-666nm) x3

* SIMULATION DATA
Luminous flux : 2,211 lm
Radiant flux : 6,814 mW
PPF : 30.5 umol/s
TCP : 6800 K
CRI : 97
λp : 452 nm
Color : #DDFFEA

* PERFORMANCE @ 60cm & 90° (compulsory)
Irradiance : 6 W/m²/s
Illuminance : 1,955 lx
PPFD : 27 umol/m²/s

by SPECTRA 1.0β @ 1.023world

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Intensity is plant driven color is "you' driven.. ;)
Old style?

Standard RGB and white..just cut the blue/violet back to taste, you only need about 20% of the output total.
Start w/ something like this.. Diodes "normalized" to 1 @ 3W by using 3 @ 1W
Yes the old version. The colors are UV, Violet, Royal, Blue, Green, Deep Red, Cool White.

So do I just max out Deep Red, Green, Blue? Do I also max out Royal Blue? What about UV and Cool White?

·
Registered
12,706 Posts
Yes the old version. The colors are UV, Violet, Royal, Blue, Green, Deep Red, Cool White.

So do I just max out Deep Red, Green, Blue? Do I also max out Royal Blue? What about UV and Cool White?
more like white,red,green, add "blues" to taste..'blues" inc.violet.
once you have a fav tone..then adj global intensity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts