The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello NYC & Long Island! I am about to set up my first planted tank! I cannot wait to get started... although I am waiting on a few last items (stand, ferts and drop checker) before I can put some water in it. Really once the stand and my order from the elusive Rex Grigg arrives, I will set it up.

I have reading and reading and reading some more. I almost cannot wait for my first outbreak of ALGAE!!

If anyone has any advice for me, it is greatly appreciated. Here is the link of my gathering of items so far...

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/equipment/97481-40-gallon-breeder-check-list.html

I am so excited to finally turn this into a journal.

I expect to have everything by the New Year (unless Rex has other ideas on shipping my reactor).

I am wondering if it would be possible to either buy some plants from local NYC and Long Island people or even receive some ROAK fast growing plants so I can cycle? Again, this will not be fore a few more weeks. Any help would be welcomed and appreciated.
:fish:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Not from the NYC area(other side of the country in fact) but while I'm also just starting mine up, I was recommended any quick growing stem plants and it's seeming to help quite a bit. Also remember that you want to have a good lighting/rest cycle, this is often, it seems, to be a mistake of new planted owners and leave the lights on for way too long. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hello NYC & Long Island! I am about to set up my first planted tank! I cannot wait to get started... although I am waiting on a few last items (stand, ferts and drop checker) before I can put some water in it. Really once the stand and my order from the elusive Rex Grigg arrives, I will set it up.

I have reading and reading and reading some more. I almost cannot wait for my first outbreak of ALGAE!!

If anyone has any advice for me, it is greatly appreciated. Here is the link of my gathering of items so far...

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/equipment/97481-40-gallon-breeder-check-list.html

I am so excited to finally turn this into a journal.

I expect to have everything by the New Year (unless Rex has other ideas on shipping my reactor).

I am wondering if it would be possible to either buy some plants from local NYC and Long Island people or even receive some ROAK fast growing plants so I can cycle? Again, this will not be fore a few more weeks. Any help would be welcomed and appreciated.
:fish:

If you're impatient like me, Biospira cycles your tank very quickly. You can get it at Uptown Birds on 86th and Amsterdam or New World Aquarium on 38th and 3rd. I'm not sure about the other NYC stores. I do know that both of locations I listed are overpriced, but I guess convenience and impatience costs. Good luck!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks lildark, That is awesome! As soon as my reactor comes from Rex, I will hit you up, I really appreciate it! I hope to return the favor one day!!

My office is 27th and 6th. But I have a car and or a metro card! So willing to travel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.