The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help setting up a 75 gallon. I was wanting to go low tech, but have been overwhelmed by the choices from lighting, filters, substrate. I was going to go with black sand because I move things around quite a bit, for filtration I was thinking a hydro 350, not really sure about lighting and heater. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
The advice about about keeping a sponge filter going, and having a battery powered pump ready as back up is great.

I've had great luck with these sponge filters:

https://smile.amazon.com/Hygger-Aqu...3&sr=1-2-88388c6d-14b8-4f70-90f6-05ac39e80cc0

You can change a sponge without removing the air tube and the bioballs give a little extra biofiltration function.

For lighting, I've had good enough luck with the fluval aquasky but I'm not in love with it.
It's a little annoying that you need the app to operate them. Typically fine if you keep to a really strict schedule, but when power goes out you lose your programming and you can't just easily flip them on with a switch which is kind of annoying so I'll be looking in a different direction on lights moving forward. So, I guess it's a recommendation to likely stay away from those lights if those "features" would annoy you. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
i'm cycling my 75 gallon now, and of all the equipment I bought, the filter was the hardest because i could only find one that would fit under my cabinet. If you want your filter to go in the cabinet, measure that sucker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.