The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth's buffet shrimp/farm rack

8K views 58 replies 13 participants last post by  Pdxseth 
#1 ·
I convinced my wife to let me set up four farm tanks. My original plan was four farm tanks I have now decided I want to see what all the hype is with shrimp. So I am going to have to 10g shrimp tanks and 2 10g farm tanks. They will be set side by side on a 4 ft stand next to my 72g display tank. All of these tanks will be high tech I will also have a fifth display tank set in to the center of the stand so I will have 5 total tanks

I am building this on a budget so it will take a while but I will update every few days here's how far I've gotten so far
Wood Window Gas Flooring Shelving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'm considering Ada substrate for all of these tanks I know cycling takes longer. Other than that is there anything else I should be concerned about as far constant rooting and uprooting of plants or shrimp problems my research concludes it will be fine but I always value a second/experienced opinion.

I am also working on water flow I know for the farm I will need a lot more than a regular old tank. I have kept and am keepin large ei based tanks with multiple canisters, but on a 10g I was thinking power heads for flow, I will have no fish so I will not need filtration and I will be doing weekly 50% wc anyway. what gph should a power head be for farm tanks ,and for the shrimp tanks( wich will be planted). I was thinking ac20's with spounge prefilters is this enough or should I go for ac50 or something entirely different?

#4 ·
Well I decided to scrap that stand idea it's too bulky to fit in between two 72g bowfronts.

I just bought my 6 10g tanks today(1$ a gallon sale at petco) next week im going to order a 40" wire rack shelf and put two tanks on each shelf

#11 ·
Plant Water Aquatic plant Grass Pet supply
The tanks will be going in between these tanks I will be moving the left tank over about 2ft. Automotive lighting Automotive tire Gauge Clock Headlamp
Wheel Automotive tire Toy Tire Gas
this is the regulator set up I had built by Bettatail
It will be running the two big tanks and 4 of the 10g

I still have a lot more equipment to purchase but I'm getting there Nature Botany Organism Terrestrial plant Arthropod

And a shot of one my Amanos for fun

#15 ·
I'm trying to figure out what filter to go with. I would like hob just because they are convenient for adding stuff and I can plant them.

My 10g hospital has an ac20. I don't think it's really enough.

So I was thinking ac50 or maybe fluval c3. What route should I go for these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.