The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks Amanda, another member has offered me more blyxa so hopefully I will be able to get a lot more "grass" in this tank

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm thinking about yanking all the Anubis out of this tank and putting it in my riparium. The java is taking over and the two plants just look like a mess growing together throughout the tank.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Anyone know how long it takes for this stuff to root? I'm replanting about 10 stems a day!
I think someone told me it's about 2 weeks. I have been having to do the same thing Seth HaHa! Today I placed small rocks around the base of the stems after I put them in the substrate. I plan to remove the rocks after things root themselves really good, so probably in 4 weeks just to be sure.

·
Premium Member
5,485 Posts
Anubias grows really slow in emergent conditions I can tell you that so putting it in your riparium might not be a good idea unless you're placing it in the submersed portion.

Blyxa is very bouyant... It'll take some patience and lots of replanting to get it to stay. You can also plant it with a few leaves on the bottom that act as hooks into the substrate, preventing it to uproot again.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Cool I've just been burying the floaters a little more than I think they should be, I hope it works.

As for the Anubias I do plan on planting it submersed attached to my driftwood. Some of it may be emersed but I probably have more of it than I can fit on my 26 bow that's half full o water anyway

This is the tank it will be going into

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm thinking about yanking all the Anubis out of this tank and putting it in my riparium. The java is taking over and the two plants just look like a mess growing together throughout the tank.
I retract what I said because it looks great with the plants removed! :)
[STRIKE]You could always reposition the Anubias plants so that they are growing up from the back side of the dw. [/STRIKE]

·
Registered
342 Posts
Subscribed. Did you figure out what light fixture you want? I have a 75 cycling and trying to figure out "cheap" light(s) to put on it.

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I think I'm just gonna yank it it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. That dw is not staying there I plan on moving it. My girlfriend rearranged because she was bored and now she's complaining about how it looks.....so now I get to spend hours getting it just right again. Yay :/

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I yanked out all of it but the small amount of dwarf Anubias I have attached to the rock I think it looks a lot cleaner now.

If only I could get my swords to grow....
:(

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Believe it or not there is a red tiger lotus hiding in this tank. Of course when I want them to grow tall, I get that short compact growth I've always wanted in my other tanks......

21 - 40 of 58 Posts