The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to figure out what one of my "CRS" really is for months now, and It has the EXACT same body shape as serrata (tupfel shrimp), and I found this photo of a serrata:http://www.hippocampus-bildarchiv.com/tier_7057_Caridinaserrata.htm

The pic of the shrimp above is and exact replica of mine, except mine is reddish. It looks a bit different than a CRS too. It's a bit bigger and the head shape is a little different.

Yesterday, my female CRS got berried with this shrimp! Any ideas of what the offspring may be? I'm excited for them to hatch!

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Neat if they crossed and you get something and thats what it is. Where did you buy them from that you got that one from? I know my LFS is terrible for whats what or keeping all kinds together in a tank, etc. My roomie went and got some algae/amano shrimp yesterday, brought them home, things is 2.5-3" long, then he tells me it has fans on its claws that its eating with, so he got some fan/bambo shrimp, that were in the algae/amano shrimp. I'm going to take a pic and ask around here for a positive ID, but so far, I'm thinking that what it is.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mordalphus, it's not a malaya because it's head shape is different and the body is a bit different too.

Ron (is it?), patterning isn't quite right in that pic, and neither is the head/rostrum.

The rostrum is much like a CRS's. I'll try hard to get a pic up here soon.

That pic in the link I posted is exactly like it, but like I said, mine is a clearish red color.

I got this from my lfs about 5 months ago, and the only other caridinas in this tank are juveniles, they largest one being barely 1/2 inch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts