The Planted Tank Forum banner

Serrata X Cantonensis?

624 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  HolyAngel
I've been trying to figure out what one of my "CRS" really is for months now, and It has the EXACT same body shape as serrata (tupfel shrimp), and I found this photo of a serrata:http://www.hippocampus-bildarchiv.com/tier_7057_Caridinaserrata.htm

The pic of the shrimp above is and exact replica of mine, except mine is reddish. It looks a bit different than a CRS too. It's a bit bigger and the head shape is a little different.

Yesterday, my female CRS got berried with this shrimp! Any ideas of what the offspring may be? I'm excited for them to hatch!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,117 Posts
Neat if they crossed and you get something and thats what it is. Where did you buy them from that you got that one from? I know my LFS is terrible for whats what or keeping all kinds together in a tank, etc. My roomie went and got some algae/amano shrimp yesterday, brought them home, things is 2.5-3" long, then he tells me it has fans on its claws that its eating with, so he got some fan/bambo shrimp, that were in the algae/amano shrimp. I'm going to take a pic and ask around here for a positive ID, but so far, I'm thinking that what it is.

· Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mordalphus, it's not a malaya because it's head shape is different and the body is a bit different too.

Ron (is it?), patterning isn't quite right in that pic, and neither is the head/rostrum.

The rostrum is much like a CRS's. I'll try hard to get a pic up here soon.

That pic in the link I posted is exactly like it, but like I said, mine is a clearish red color.

I got this from my lfs about 5 months ago, and the only other caridinas in this tank are juveniles, they largest one being barely 1/2 inch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.