The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get the following tracking notfication:Delivery status not updated as of August 24th, 2011, 11: 31 pm

After an Out for Delivery, August 24, 2011 9:31 am

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Just recently i was tracking a package that said it departed from two places at once at the same time. Got my package late too :(.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Psshhh I had ostrich feather fans ordered last year for my wedding and I got the thing saying my package was delivered, umm.. no it wasn't. Then I called my po and apparently it had been returned to sender? Then I contacted the sender who had no knowledge of that, for two months it was missing and it finally arrived back at the sellers house after my wedding. Bye bye $300.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Psshhh I had ostrich feather fans ordered last year for my wedding and I got the thing saying my package was delivered, umm.. no it wasn't. Then I called my po and apparently it had been returned to sender? Then I contacted the sender who had no knowledge of that, for two months it was missing and it finally arrived back at the sellers house after my wedding. Bye bye $300.
Happened to me with a Graphics card too. It was literally at the post office up the street from me, I went in to get it and it said it was out for delivery. Got home and nothing, went back and they said it was at a post office now 30 miles away. over the next week it kept showing up at post offices farther and farther from my house. I called the company and said it looks like it was being returned to them, and I just wanted to cancel my order lol. It showed up at their delivery dock as I was talking to the guy

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I have lost so many packages in 2 years that I am officially cursed. Outside of about 30 that were intentionally damaged by a disgruntled local(there is a story here about it somewhere) I've had 7 lost this month alone.

I assume part of it is my fault, bad taping, something. I can't narrow it down, but something.

I had a batch of snowballs sent to Hawaii that routed through Tampa.... which in case you were wondering is not anywhere near Hawaii. It is something like 7000 miles out of the way.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
The USPS has had alot of budget issues so I'm not surprised, it also seems like a very inefficient delivery service. Here local mail goes 30-45mins down the road to a larger processing center where it is there for a day or two only to come right back to the local PO.

Also there has been alot of discussions in our area, I dunno about elsewhere, about POs closing down and smaller processing centers closing.

And you know something is wrong with it when our own Federal Govt. Census Bureau won't use USPS for mailed communication to local governments. All our packages from the Census Bureau are shipped via FedEx.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
USPS has lost just one of my outgoing packages in the last 3 years and that was international so I can't even blame them for that one.

I'm not shipping time-sensitive products but they still beat UPS on cross-country orders with price and time to delivery with packages less than 5 pounds or so.

On my 6' long tube shipments they beat UPS hands down when it comes to shipping damage. Only 3 damaged last year with USPS and with UPS I could get that in a week. I don't even worry about insurance, the losses are so low I can absorb them.

This stuff has been my only source of income since 1998 so it's not minor amount to judge from.

The most I ever lost at one time was 4 packages retailing at about $600 total. Dropped them off at our contract station Friday afternoon. Came into the office on Monday morning and found all 4 shipping labels still hanging out of the printer. Those labels were like a big tongue blowing me a raspberry. lol

·
Registered
430 Posts
I live in the Bermuda triangle of postal service. And what's worse, the road I'm on is only a few blocks long and they still deliver packages to the wrong address 1/5 of the time. Luckily most of our neighbors are good about bringing it to us.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
I hope that the USPS will not go under. Maybe I am in the middle of less problematic routes but I have shipped hundreds of packages and only had a couple of problems.

I get the impression that the Postal Service averages fewer damaged packages and that they are exposed to fewer extremes of temperatue.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I have never lost a package, only had one about a week late. Thank goodness it was a filter though...

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I hope that the USPS will not go under. Maybe I am in the middle of less problematic routes but I have shipped hundreds of packages and only had a couple of problems.

I get the impression that the Postal Service averages fewer damaged packages and that they are exposed to fewer extremes of temperatue.
It is true that postal service delivery vehicles are the only ones with air conditioned/heated cargo areas. None of them have heat controlled trailers.

USPS is still the most cost effective method for me, despite the losses and reshipments.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Well the part that made me so angry about that package (not counting the other 3 that never arrived, 1 being my bridesmaid dress, another being a flowergirl's) is that they told me it was because I lived in an apartment! I was home and even if I wasn't my manager was! So I was a very stressed out bride!

Recently I had a package delivered here and I got a knock at the door, I told the guy I'd be a second as I grabbed a shirt and I opened the door (in a rush) and the guy was gone! I looked out and he was back at his car already! I grabbed my flip flops and ran to the guy as he was putting one of those slips in my box, he asked me for an ID before giving me the package even though it wasn't one of those kinds of packages. I wish I could remember what it was.... Oh yeah it was a christmas ornament and some raisinets from my mom! >:|

WTH Overstocked, Tampa!?!

UPS broke my 42in LG Plasma, but they did reimburse me and thankfully the seller was only 60miles from me so I just called him and bought another.

USPS is good but IDK, if you really want what you're shipping to get there and it's in a big city... I'd go with someone else.

·
Registered
472 Posts
And the raisinets were melted, this was back in April...

·
Nerd Alert.
5,719 Posts
I once got a plant package after 6 months. It was disgusting. At least it also came with driftwood. USPS is pretty good, the people at the post office know me as: "Da plant man" and call me one of their regulars.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
i sent my nephew in CA a box full of newborn stuff about 4 months ago. my brother said he never recieved anything. a few weeks go by and usps sends us a letter with a crumbled up return address from the box saying sorry your package was destroyed by one of our machines, we are looking for your merchandise and we will get back to you within 20 weeks. Never herd back from them again. By now the baby wont even fit in the clothes :(

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
i sent my nephew in CA a box full of newborn stuff about 4 months ago. my brother said he never recieved anything. a few weeks go by and usps sends us a letter with a crumbled up return address from the box saying sorry your package was destroyed by one of our machines, we are looking for your merchandise and we will get back to you within 20 weeks. Never herd back from them again. By now the baby wont even fit in the clothes :(
that sucks, well if they find it you can have them send it to me we are expecting a baby soon :icon_wink

1 - 20 of 42 Posts