The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
I would love to dive/ clean tanks at work. I wonder if it counts as a dive towards you certification level???
you don't get to do this as a job without having a cert and a few dives under your belt already :icon_wink

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
A friend of mine used to have an aquarium maintenance business. He had several accounts that had to be cleaned this way, and according to him it looks like a lot more fun than it actually is. (Of course being bitten by moray eels and stung by lionfish, which has happened to him, did not sound like too much fun to me...) Still, I have always been very impressed by the huge tanks at Seaworld and Disney, and the pics in the OP look pretty impressive, especially with the diver for scale.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would love to dive/ clean tanks at work. I wonder if it counts as a dive towards you certification level???
No it doesn't. You have to be certified to even go near a tank at an aquarium. Your certification consists of an assisted dive and one free dive in which you have a couple of tasks to perform. You can get certified for around 300 bucks. It's quite easy.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.615633,-88.302857

·
Registered
225 Posts
I used to work as a diver for a lot of diff ppl. Everything from washing the bottoms of yachts to underwater plumbing at the ripleys aquarium in gatlinburg.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I use to be a diver at the Aquarium in Kuwait City in Kuwait. Yeah the first few dives cleaning then it became like work. Having to go in there to clean so very large tanks really takes all of the fun out of it. But I always did have fun diving and cleaning the shark tanks. Nothing like keeping a boom stick in your hands while the other person cleans.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.