The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered something from Marine depot and the email they sent to announce shipping includes this.

Saying goodbye to such sought-after products is always gut-wrenching. That is why we offer employees unlimited handkerchiefs as a part of our generous benefits package. As your order was whisked away at light speed down our assembly line into the loving arms of the shipping courier, our warehouse elves, with tears in their eyes, joined hands and whispered, "Jábba sô kalîk qonay." We don't speak Elvish ourselves, but they tell us the rough translation is "May these supplies bring stability and success to the aquarium and its owner." Wow, we are getting a little choked up ourselves now. Thanks, elves.

As the delivery truck pulled away from our warehouse dock, a rare double rainbow appeared overhead. That's when we knew the products we had raised since they were mere hatchlings were on their way to a better home. Please take care of them and, we promise, they will take care of you.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
I have always enjoyed seeing the bit of humor and spin they put on things I've ordered. Can't say that it has really gained anymore business from me but then it never hurts to let the customer dwell on your name ?
Too bad most of the effort is put into making business so serious. We will never know how much we have lost as we move further and further from face to face. I recently needed some very basic faucet parts that I was not able to find looking at online info but found an old hand in a local California shop who made my day by a simple look at a picture.
Great customer service can come in lots of small ways. Even a bit of humor after the sale!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
lol that means you already missed the first message where they carefully use tweezers to add individual styrofoam peanuts into every nook and cranny of the package or something like that!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea went back and saw that,nice to keep things light,I agree rich,I,m nearly 70 and love on line shopping but if i need something different or hard to find I go to a local hardware store with a bunch of old timers and tell them what i need and in seconds i have it with all kinds of input to go with it..

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Yea went back and saw that,nice to keep things light,I agree rich,I,m nearly 70 and love on line shopping but if i need something different or hard to find I go to a local hardware store with a bunch of old timers and tell them what i need and in seconds i have it with all kinds of input to go with it..
You must have a time machine.....local hardware stores are getting few and far between! Thats exactly why I do so much online shopping now. I'd rather make the mistake myself rather than talk with 209 employees all of whom have no idea what I'm talking about or asking for and I still end up with the wrong item!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.