The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it sounds like I am being lazy, by farming the internet for SP topics, but this question has been hounding me for a week and I can seem to get it right and it's 1:26am on the morning the question is due and I still have to finish other homework and I have a test on genetics and cellular division to(day)morrow in my AP Bio class to study for.

Can anyone help me think of a topic that avoids the psychological aspect of fish keeping and deals more with the biological aspect of it (for the fish, not me)? It has to be somewhat philosophical and cannot have an expository essay sort of answer. There also has to be book sources, at least two on the subject. I can just utilize Amazon for titles. :help:

Hehehe... Big words after 1:00am...

I do actually have this much homework! I'm not procrastinating!

I'm going to go make more coffee......

·
Registered
154 Posts
maybe you can do something involving hydra and how they are immortal? i dont think thats the right word, but they dont seem to die of from age or anyhting like that. that has biology and philosphy is the immortal part?

·
Registered
232 Posts
There is also maybe the evolutionary concept behind aquarium keeping, what with selective breeding for specific traits, leading us to a new "better" fish, but takes us further and further from what nature designed. Especially when fish are bred under very, VERY specific conditions the way some breeders do it, by tailoring the conditions, does this create a more sensitive breed? How are we affecting aquatic life as a whole? You could even go in a more preservationist direction, and look at the aquarists who specifically breed endangered and threatened species, such as the C.A.R.E.S. Preservation Program and the IBC's Species Maintenance Program, just to name a few.
And my steam's run out.
I hope this helped, good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! So much, all.

If any of you were wondering how much sleep I had, I ended up getting... let's see...
5:07-7:17 = 2hrs10min+ whiny cat = A grand total of an hour and a half!

Woo!

Good thing I only have a timed, AP-style essay on Crime and Punishment tomorrow.

Seriously, though. Thank you for the ideas. Now I just have to figure out how to word the question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.