The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a semi-aggressive bottom feeder for my 30 gal. I've currently got a blue gourami and tiger barbs in the tank. The tank is pretty heavily planted and has driftwood and CO2.

I'm comfortable adding a bioload of about 5-6" more of fish.

I'm leaning towards getting a redtail shark, but have also been researching bristlenose pleco. I'd love a L-183, but they seem hard to come by at a reasonable price.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
18 Posts
i use pictus catfish for bottom feeders, they are semi aggressive. however they are schooling fish so you need like 3-5 and they grow to around 6" in size. but they look awesome and are great bottom dwellers/feeders!! :proud:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Def clown loaches. They are so much fun and very active. They don't hide much plus they will school with your tiger barbs.

They do get big though, and when the time comes you'll prob have to upgrade the tank :)

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Redtail or Rainbow shark, are the best choice.
False SAE, Chinese SAE, less aggressive than Redtail or Rainbow, but do chase other fish.

Clown loach, Panda Gara, Gara Rufa, aggressive when been bullied, they fight back.

Most of the corydoras hold their ground when been bullied, same as most pleco.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.