The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about how people go about selling or trading their plants. So far, I've only been on the receiving end of these transactions.

Do folks usually trim and pluck the plants before listing them on Swap-n-Shop, and then hold on to the plants until you find someone who wants them? Or do you estimate what you plan to trim beforehand and only do the trim, once you have found a new home for the trimmings?

Just curious?

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
All of the above. A lot of times though you just know that someone's gonna want something you're about to trim, like if it's a rare or desirable plant, or you're gonna RAOK it, or whatever... so you just post a for sale thread, go get your clippings, and float them in some water, or put them in a holding tank, that kind of thing. Before you know it, you're already packing it up and shipping it out.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
It's ideal for the buyer for the plants to have been in place in the tank until the last possible minute, as that's what's easiest on the plants.

I'll occasionally make a decision not to buy if I realize plants have been out of the tank/substrate a long time.

Most of the time it's not a big deal either way, though. I'll clip or pull plants when it's most convenient for me, and sometimes don't even realize that I have enough to sell until after I do LOL

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
I usually estimate how much I have and put a sale thread up. Once they are sold, I go through and trim. I almost always have more than I estimated and most of the time I send them out as freebies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.