The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! Going to add Seiryu stone so I am wondering if it is adding calcium & magnesium to the water or just calcium...anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Anyone know a place in US with Dennerle products, specifically substrate!?

Thanks in Advance!!
I've purchased mine from amazon. I honestly have not noticed any difference between it and other soils out there. But I'm someone who thinks they are all mostly the same except for color so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've purchased mine from amazon. I honestly have not noticed any difference between it and other soils out there. But I'm someone who thinks they are all mostly the same except for color so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.
Sorry Minor, I changed the topic after you answered, thank you anyway...

True Seiryu stone contains calcium carbonate, it could increase both your KH and GH.
I’m asking mainly for fertilization purposes…I want to know if magnesium would be a component being released into the water column.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It seems like dolomite is the only natural limestone like rock that releases appreciable magnesium, although I think any limestone does have some mag. I've read that when reef people are using the calcium reactors and want to introduce additional magnesium, they switch up the media from regular limestone or aragonite to dolomite.

If you try to soak some of your stone in rodi for a while, and then test magnesium, I do think you have to find a specific freshwater magnesium test kit because the saltwater ones don't work right for fresh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts