The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So..I had the sudden, overwhelming urge to make a scape with seiryu stone. After years of being mildly intrigued by this rock, I finally caved and ordered 5lbs of it.

The rocks and the slope are supported by egg crate so hopefully it holds. The substrate is just a thin layer of dirt with a blasting "sand" cap. I plan on dry starting this tank. I have some monte carlo coming in the mail and I'm still searching for some pearl weed. I'm not sure what other plants to get or if I'm just going to stick with pearl weed and monte carlo. I'm going to be using a current sat+ and I have no plans to use co2 or dose anything.

Here's what I came up with. The left side seems off to me. I keep tweaking it but can't seem to get it right. I'm leaning more toward the placement in the first picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that didn't last long lol. I found a 20 gallon and glass lid for $5 at a garage sale and now the 5 gallon is no more. The rocks and plants were transferred to the new tank which I will also be dry starting. Pictures to come.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.