The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Could you help me out with some ideas on how to achieve a similar scape like the one on the attached image?
I'm pretty new to a planted tank so I'm not expecting my result to look like the image, but some suggestions on substrates and plants to use are very much appreciated.

I have bought already some Seiyru Stones and white sand (CaribSea Super Naturals).

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,261 Posts
Foreground: Hemianthus callitrichoides
Midground: appears to be H. micranthemoides
Background: Rotala rotundifolia

If you've never grown plants before, that will be the biggest problem for you, after arranging the hardscape.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
A similar effect could be achieved with a lower maintenance tank if you replace the HC with staurogyne repens and glossostigma.

For a more jungley look with the same color scheme, consider swapping the rotala out for ludwigia repens

·
Registered
492 Posts
Start reading and researching a lot. The tank you show is indicative of someone with a great deal of experience in this hobby. Look on the bright side, you are embarking on a hobby that will challenge, frustrate, motivate and entertain for many long hours to come.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Solcielo, Tyrannosaurus, Steve, for your great answers and taking the time to respond, I appreciate it very much.

Certainly whoever designed that tank is very experienced compared to me, but I'm up to learning and having fun, and as Steve said, some frustration too (Have had some of that already :icon_lol:)

Thanks again.
~ Alpha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts