The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Nature Rectangle Pet supply Terrestrial plant

The Vals are taking a while to fill in, plus I’d like a little more variety. Anyone have any suggestions for another background plant that will compliment the Vals while filling the empty spaces in between nicely?

Also, any ideas for potential plant(s) or hardscape(s) for the right side of the log? After looking at this photo I’m not really feeling the plant. It’s the same species as the midground plants on the left side of the log. Something different in that little corner would mix things up nicely I think

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry, I can't help, and if this post is annoying because it doesn't provide any real info, but had to comment--- your tank is so pretty!! :) Lovely plants and betta! Great job!
I myself wouldn't change anything because it looks spectacular, but I understand when you wanna change something and it bugs you until you change it. :) :) :)
Sorry this post has no info!
But great job! Can't wait to see if you make a change!

·
Registered
582 Posts
A larger crypt behind the wood on the right side and a dwarf lotus in the cup of the wood and wall in the front right come to mind for me.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like the lotus idea! I was going to say a pop of color in that right corner would be great. Maybe a dark cryptocoryne or a red stem plant if you have enough light for it. But I think the lotus would also provide that, too. For the vals, I think you could put a java fern on the left side further forward and it would break up the uniform look of the vals while they grow in. Those are my thoughts.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I would put the lotus in the far left side in front of the val so it has a lot of room to itself.

I'd go for something bushy and textured for the far right side, like water wisteria or a large African bolbitis, which grows incredibly slowly. I think the tank already has a lot of long, slender plants and needs something with a different shape for contrast. Wisteria and bolbitis are easy to keep.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts