The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! I'm an experienced herper doing my first GS foam/concrete wall construction in a pennplax reptology 32x19x26 tank. here is a link to an album of the work i've done so far:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157629550797649/

I am looking all around at various forums for what to do next, and basically I'm going to do a light concrete coating over all of the foam and paint it with non-toxic acryllic paint. However, I see a lot of posts suggesting that I need to cure the concrete, most further suggesting that I do this via soaking my fake rock structure in a vinegar/water solution. Since my creation is my entire tank, I clearly can't soak it, so before I go applying concrete, oh gurus of tank building, can you offer any suggestions for how i will seal this concrete?

·
Registered
50 Posts
ahh brain fart. Well anyway when I was doing my pond i got a bag that did the whole pond. It was very fine and when you mixed it is was very watery and you just spread a light coat on the waterproof your pond. (yes my pond is concrete) I can't remmeber the name of it exactly. This is probably a waste of a post. Ahhh fustrates me that i can't remember lol. I got it from a building supply place. sorry i couldn't help

·
Registered
715 Posts
DryLok is the way to go. Just paint it on since its a paint and is made just for this purpose. Tons of people use this to skip the "curing" process when making DIY Foam Rock Backgrounds.

Other options I seen used is marine epoxy but that is quite costly and can be a messy, smelly job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.