The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's usually used to help slime coat breakdown caused from stress by water quality/ammonia during shipping or tranport. I wouldn't see any reason it would harm plants. Seems to be like prime (in sense of being non harmful to anything). But I've never used it. Just curious, why are you using?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's usually used to help slime coat breakdown caused from stress by water quality/ammonia during shipping or tranport. I wouldn't see any reason it would harm plants. Seems to be like prime (in sense of being non harmful to anything). But I've never used it. Just curious, why are you using?
I've had to finally quarantine one of my 9 angels who eventually succumbed to fin rot after being fin nipped by some of my more aggressive angels. Since I keep my water changed weekly I am assuming the fin rot has set in from the nipping and being stressed and not from dirty water. So, I thought maybe I could also use stress guard after a water change just to treat any fresh fin damage before infection starts; but don't want to add something that's going to adversely effect my plants. In my relatively short experience keeping plants, things that say they do not effect plants sometimes dodepending on the plant, water parameters, etc. so I am just wondering if the plant people out there find stress guard fully plant friendly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts