The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here use any of the Seachem Tidal filters? I have two 35 model's on my 33 long and one of them just died recently. Stopped working completely. Anybody have any experience with this?

·
Registered
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." Gandalf: Lord of the Rings
316 Posts
I have the Tidal 110 and it has been going very strong for about a year. Maybe your water level wasnt high enough and the filtera motor burnt out?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I have the tidal 55, had for a couple years, and also had no issues with it. Not sure what happened but like previous post said maybe the water level got below pump level?

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I would contact Seachem. My experience with filter makers is most will try their best to make things right.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep! It is either the motor or impeller. I swapped it with the one that's working and it actually turned on. I don't know whether I should replace the whole motor or the impeller lol

Of course, the particular model I have, they have a replacement pump on Amazon with super slow snail shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts