The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a 5 gallon NPT tank and hopefully later on in the future i will be planting my goldie tank with homemade planters filled with MGOCPS.

I have read that seachem excel is great for plants and i was planing on buying and using it.

I was wondering if there is any of the other seachem products that i should consider getting to help supplement my tank other that excel.

Thanks
Jasmine

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
If you set up the tank as a "natural planted tank" per the Diana Walstad method, you won't be dosing any seachem products, other than perhaps Prime to neutralize chlorine and chlomamine, and Equilibrium, to increase the GH a bit. If you just use low light, you can use less fertile substrates, and dose Seachem Flourish Comprehensive, for trace elements, Seachem Flourish Nitrogen, for nitrogen (nitrates), S.F. Potassium, for potassium, and S.F. Phosphorous, for phosphorous (phosphate). But how much you would dose depends on how much light you use.

·
Registered
927 Posts
You have to start with the recomended dose and work from their depending on how your plants react will determine it you need more or less. Seachem comprehensive is not enough on its own because it is only micronutrients you still need to add the macro nutrients NPK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.