The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rinsed the hell out of my fluorite and got the water to run pretty clear, but there is still just a tiny bit of cloudiness in my new tank (maybe hard to tell in photo). I was reading about using Clarity, but I only have a sponge filter, which sounds like won't be enough to clear out the particles. I don't want to buy another filter to use filter floss.

Should I just deal with the cloudiness and hope it'll go away with future water changes, or is there anything else I can do? Thanks!
Plant Plant community Vertebrate Terrestrial plant Organism

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had fluorite in a tank with a HOB. Every. Single. Water change stirred up a dust storm for 2 days. Move a plant? Mess. Relocate a decoration? Mess. don’t even think about having a bristlenose jn there - lord help you.

I felt like I rinsed it well before I placed it in my tank, but I was not at all prepared for the brown disaster that came on. It may be better with a sponge since there is probably less agitation.

I gave in and removed it and put in some sand after a few months.It was dirty, of course. I’m now wondering if you could be creative with screen mesh or gardening materials and cap it with sand (using the mesh as a barrier to keep the fluorite down). Just a thought.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I concur. It’ll settle and eventually get filtered away. I have the black variety in my 10g.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts