The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
was this the pre-bio loaded seachem florite? If it was, rinsing it would have been bad. I only use Midnight black flourite in all my tanks, I love the stuff. For the packaged dry stuff, rise it out but not completely. the small peices of the gravel will settle on the bottum, and over the next few days they will get underneith the top layer of the larger stuff, becoming a more smooth substrate for the plant roots. place it in, gently fill up the tank and let it sit for 24 hours. It is still cloudy most of the time, so then i add filter media like cleaning pads in. now that does fantastic with cannister filters, but i have very little luck with HOB filters this way. if you try that out and your still a bit cloudy, I sugest a 100% WC, then refilling with a to catch the water and prevent the clouding.

·
Registered
110 Posts
like i mentioned earlier, after a week or so that fine dUst will slip under thw big stuff, basically making a fine substrate capped with the large pieces. let it alone for awile, that's what makes seachem florite so great.

Posted from Plantedtank.net App for Android

1 - 3 of 3 Posts