The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I ordered some root tabs from aquariumplants.com BEFORE I read somebody's post that they dissolve very quickly. (However, aquariumplants.com says they are time release).

Is it really true that flourish tabs last much, much longer without disintegrating? I was thinking about cutting a tablet (aquariumplants.com brand) in half for a sword plant. My sword plant is emersed in about 5 gallons of water in a dwarf frog tank, not sure if a full tablet of fertilizer would be overkill. (and run the risk of damaging the water quality or cause poisoning).

·
Registered
93 Posts
dah!

I've used both and can honestly say they both last plenty long. I prefer the aquarium.com tabs cause they're cheaper.

Let us know what you observe.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I've only used Seachem, but love the fact that they stay so dense even weeks later that I can relocate them to another plant if need be. I also use powder ferts in my water column, so I only use the tabs for special rooted plants. If fert tabs were my ONLY source of ferts, then I'd probably buy the aquariumplants.com brand to save money, and because it's unlikely I will relocate them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts