The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
What plant fertilizer is it an improvement on or what does it replace?
It doesn't replace anything. It's nothing else but plant hormones, amino acids and vitamins mixed with some fertilizer.

This is from their website:

Derived from: Potassium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Phosphate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Amino acids, Ascorbic Acid, Sugar Alcohols, Phytohormone salts

I think it supposed to do the same thing as ADA green gain.

You can give it a try, but don't expect wonders from it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I read the info on website but just wanted to bounce it off people on this site cause I'm already dosing with Flourish, Iron, Excel, Trace, and Potassium. Just wondering if Advance can replace some of these. To tell the truth I first started off with Flourish, Iron and Excel and I couldn't imagine how my plants could look any better just using the trio but I thought I'd give Trace and Potassium a try just to see.

·
Banned
70 Posts
I bought a bottle and am currently dosing it. I am only two doses in, so nothing particularly magical has happened yet.
I will say this though... Seachem has a knack for making all of their products smell palatable. For instance, I swear that Flourish Comprehensive is just bottled soy sauce. This Advance smells(and actually kind of looks) like sweet and sour sauce :D

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
It doesn't replace anything. It's nothing else but plant hormones, amino acids and vitamins mixed with some fertilizer.

This is from their website:

Derived from: Potassium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Phosphate, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Amino acids, Ascorbic Acid, Sugar Alcohols, Phytohormone salts

I think it supposed to do the same thing as ADA green gain.

You can give it a try, but don't expect wonders from it.
Yep, sounds a lot like Green Gain, but it's a whole lot less expensive. I may give it a try and just fill up my Green Gain bottle with it :). I do like those ADA bottles.

If you look at the whole Aquavitro planted lineup it seems to mimic ADA's line of ferts.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I bought a bottle and am currently dosing it. I am only two doses in, so nothing particularly magical has happened yet.
I will say this though... Seachem has a knack for making all of their products smell palatable. For instance, I swear that Flourish Comprehensive is just bottled soy sauce. This Advance smells(and actually kind of looks) like sweet and sour sauce :D
You might be on to something with the Flourish! Phosphate and nitrate, eh, maybe not. :wink2:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i bought a bottle and am currently dosing it. I am only two doses in, so nothing particularly magical has happened yet.
I will say this though... Seachem has a knack for making all of their products smell palatable. For instance, i swear that flourish comprehensive is just bottled soy sauce. This advance smells(and actually kind of looks) like sweet and sour sauce :d
lol

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
Yeah I read the info on website but just wanted to bounce it off people on this site cause I'm already dosing with Flourish, Iron, Excel, Trace, and Potassium. Just wondering if Advance can replace some of these. To tell the truth I first started off with Flourish, Iron and Excel and I couldn't imagine how my plants could look any better just using the trio but I thought I'd give Trace and Potassium a try just to see.
Not sure what your setup is like, but in most cases you need Flourish, Potassium, Nitrogen, Phosphate and I guess Excel. You really don't need extra Iron and the Trace product. You could go a much cheaper route with dry ferts, but if your sticking with Seachem that's the way I would go.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Saw this at the fish store, they said they were using it on their display tanks. I'm wondering if its like that root hormone that you use for terrestrial plants to get them to root better. Except this is dosed in the tank instead of directly to the cutting.

Any more updates on using this stuff?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I just started using it today. I have a Vesuvius sword that never really liked to root, so that will be my test plant. It has quite a few roots, but they are all less than a half inch. If it gets substantial roots, I'll call this a winner.
My blyxa never roots. They have it for sale on Amazon but it must be new as it doesnt say the volume of the bottle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01JS2UGAE/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473553628&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=seachem+advance

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used it not too long ago along with a bunch of the other Seachem ferts. I didn't notice anything I felt was related to Advance.

I've since switched to EI and I'm using up the bottle of Advance in part to supplement calcium and magnesium although I realize the amounts are low. I've got about 29 days left before the bottle runs out so I'll once again be looking for an impact at that time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got mine from Drs. Foster and Smith
I got mine from there as well, way cheaper. I used it in my 5 gallon with high light, injected c02 and the regular ferts. I got extreme root growth from "red rubin" and my DHG started sending shoots out like crazy. I introduced it to an already established routine and noticed difference. Fair warning the roots on the "red rubin" grew almost an inch over night and has feathers on it (no its not algae). It looks like white strands of moss streaming through my nano tank. I actually like the look of it.

On another note after using it for about 2 weeks and switching down to the twice a week I noticed that almost each node had new stem growth. Not sure if it was a direct result of the Advance but the plants were in there for near 2 months and had steady growth but now its like franken-plant.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.