The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum before posting and I see no mention of it. I have used it for a couple years along with organic fish fertilizers in the yard on tropical plants (terrestrial only). Should I try to use it (in very small quantities) in my planted tank? Any experience out there?

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
No. Fertilizer for terrestrial plants isn't the same as for aquatic plants. It is so easy to dose the right stuff for aquatic plants, so why dump other stuff in the water?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sea Magic is an organic foliar feed in an easily dilutable form. This is why I asked, that and because I already have it. Has anyone out there used it, or thought of using it? I also asked because I saw threads on this forum regarding superthrive, which is a vitamin supplement that I also use. And while I'm at it, why can't I use Alaska Fish Fertilizer as long as its properly diluted? It seems less than open-minded to discount a product just because it isn't specifically marketed as a planted aquarium product. Also, "easy" is one thing. "Inexpensive" is what this is really about, and the products I'm asking about are far less expensive than the products I have purchased that are "aquarium-specific."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.