The Planted Tank Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Thanks! I'm trying to decide after looking at it for a few days if it needs more rockwork or if I like it the way it is... Once I plant it, I'm not changing it lol.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Been a VERY long time! Life really can get in the way can't it? Updates coming soon though :) I've been getting everything installed left and right lately, and just ordered plants! Here's what I've got coming in: HC, Staurogyne Repens, Lilaeopsis Novaezelandiae, Flame Moss, and Fissidens Splachnobryoide​s. Well that's a mouthful eh? lol.

I'm planning to do HC foreground carpeting, then the SR and LN towards the back. I'll be figuring out how to attach the Fiss and Flame Moss on and between some of the rocks to help them blend together a bit.

The fish are going to have to come a little ways later, cause I have absolutely no clue when I'll be able to get my hands on the Boraras Brigittae I want. I may do a small school of Neon Tetras in the meantime once I get the tank cycled. I picked up some Dr. Tim's One and Only Nitrifying Bacteria, and some Ammonia Chloride to help the cycle to a bit quicker and assure no fish are harmed in the making of this tank :)

Just thought I'd post where I'm at with the tank these days after many months of backburnering it for some other stuff the wife and I had to deal with.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
You know, I hate when you're expecting a package and get home to find out it isn't there... It was just the ferts which won't be used for a little while of course, but it's still disappointing when a shipment is delayed. Oh well, UPS says it will be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Ok, It's been planted for about three weeks now. Growth is happening slowly, it's not flooded, I'm starting it out "dry".

I initially started with HC, Staurogyn Repens, and a Microsword. I've since added Flame Moss and Fissidens Spla. to the rockword, but don't have photos of that yet. The flame moss seems to be taking to the rocks quite well, but the fissidens is a lot slower to attach and grow.

Ok, enough chitter chatter, here's some pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I find it funny that the flame is attaching for you. I've had my flame for like a year now and it doesn't really attach, it just gets stuck on the driftwood and stays in place that way (like in a crevice) but could easily be pulled apart.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Yeah idk why its doing this well lol. It seems like anywhere the moss lays on iy sticks to. Ive tried to remove it from places i didnt want it and it was pretty tough to get off.

I was giving the tank its morning mist and noticed an odd sprout forming on a piece of rock and idk what it is. Ill get a pic later to show it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
So just a quick update. The little oddball plant that I wasn't sure what it was has been removed. I didn't like the look of it and just wasn't sure what it was so I pulled it.

Everything else is coming along nicely! The HC carpet is slowly filling in, roots looking good! Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

61 - 70 of 70 Posts