The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was when I decided it had to be done. I had tried the peat->litter->sand/gravel, and was tired of looking at it, and I wanted eco, but couldn't afford it. So, on an impromptu visit it my LFS, I spotted 2 bags of eco-complete (which they normally don't have). I asked how much and they told me $15/each. Someone had asked for them to order it, then changed their mind after they got it in, and it had been sitting there for a couple months with no buyers, so he told me he at least wanted to get his money out of it.

That is what came of it. I did a lot of trimming to the hornwart (it was time anyway), and had to toss a whole potamogeton gayii. I've got a Satellite 65w 67k/10k and a coralife 2x18w colormax/67k lighting, and now the eco. I dose with flourish and flourish excel about every 3 days.

Hopefully in a few months I will be able to justify the 5 hours of wet hands and sorting through the clumps of micro sword to find good plants to plant.

I just thought I would share my good fortune and labors. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was a goner pretty much.

The roots had rotted away some time back, and I had tried before to salvage it, but didn't have much luck. I could have sifted through mush remains and planted some runners, but I can get it for $2.50 from my LFS, so it will just have to start as a fresh batch.

In the before picture it was so big and bushy looking because shortly after I took the pic I moved the leaves around a bit and noticed that it was pretty much just leaves tangled and hanging there. The leaves were still alive, but anything for them to attach to was gone. That was a nice mess to clean.

I would have gladly taken the P. gayii off your hands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.