The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its also time to think about stocking the tank.

Im thinking of getting
1 ram
3 corys
and maybe 6 schooling fish

or start a shrimp tank but I would be really tempted to add fish maybe schooling fish.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'd try to reuse the media; boil, bleach, bake, h2o2, see which one is the best for cleaning your old media. 5 dollars saved :bounce: Since you have two 10g, why not 1 a shrimp, the other more of a community tank?

I haven't read much bad things about small corys with shrimps, maybe you can use those as your schooling fish with the shrimps? Rams are definitely a no, because it seems to be a hit/miss with their personality and taste. Most other schooling fishes will snack on the shrimplets. So I vote small corys or ottos for a schooling fish with the shrimps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for 2 dollars thats an AWESOME deal! Im guessing you knew him, then again I live in one of the most expensive places in Canada VAN CITY!

I don't really want to start up two tanks at the moment since I need more money to supply both so I would like to stick with one for now.
I do really like the rams, is there any other fish that could go with it, or is it just to risky.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I scrubbed the filter, and rised all the bio media really well, do you think I can reuse the media or do you think its better to replace it. I do have some active carbon so I was thinking of replacing that.
Ditch the media, do yourself the favor in case there is something icky, dormant, and waiting for a new tank to host.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.