The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a middle and elementary school science teacher and I am looking to start two planted tanks in my classroom. Although I'm not new to teaching, this my first year at my current school. That being said, my budget is basically nonexistent. I've always developed and used planted tanks in my classrooms as they are valuable teaching tool on so many levels, both experiential and curricula-based.

Please keep my students in mind when you are pruning your in plants. We are looking for any and all plant donation. I will gladly pay for any shipping cost.

Both my students and I are grateful for The Planted Tank community as we often look to y'all's collective experiences for guidance.

Please feel free to email directly at [email protected]

Kind regards,
William

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
just asking for anyone who is looking, what kind of lighting do you have? and are you going to run co2? This will be useful to anyone who might have something to donate.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I can ship you some salvinia minima (easy floaters that look cool too!) and guppy grass (najas guadalupensis) if you cover 3 dollars for first class mail shipping. Both of these grow great in low light and suck up nitrates readily.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have some fast growing low light plants in a medium/high light tank so I will be glad to give you some. If you could just cover the flat rate shipping cost I will send you all that I can when I do a trim. I'm glad to hear of someone in need of these plants because I really hate throwing them away. :( :)
PM me your address and I'll send them to you.

·
Banned
123 Posts
As said above, depending on what your setup is, I have quite a bit of both easy and intermediate plants id be willing to send, also some pruning materials if needed, ill cover shipping just let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.