The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Tetras are another great schooling fish. Depending on what ones you get how many you would get. Neons are a wonderful schooling fish, I have 20 of them in my 125 and they are absolutly wonderful.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Rasboras, tetras and danios are all good for active, schooling fish. I have 26 harlequin rasboras in my 90g, as well as 8 cardinal tetras and planning to get a few more.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Harelequin Rasboras
Green Flame tetras
White cloud minnows
Boraras Merah/Briggatte/Merculata

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Yeah, I like zebra danios also. I had 6 in my tank, but down to 4 now. One of them had a bulging eye last week and then just died I guess. They're usually really hardy though, plus being good, active schoolers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
corydoras!! the most underrated schooling fish (probably because they're mostly bottom dwellers).

i'd get at least a dozen habrosus or 2 dozen hastatus.

love the mini corys! my favorite fish that aren't killies.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
penguin tetras real tight if you have a chiclid around like a krib or apisto.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The best schooling fish would have to be my 13 emerald eye rasboras and 13 ember tetras. They stay in a very tight formation, and occupy different parts of the tank. The embers live in the lower half and the emerald eye rasboras occupy the upper half.

·
Registered
274 Posts
10-15 Rummy-nose tetras.
i would go with them i have 3 and there always swimming and always moving together really peaceful and not to overly agressive but active.. thay are best kept in schools of 15 or more. and if you ever have a water problem there nose losses it color probley time to change the water even if oxygen gets low. I cant find them around here or i would get another 25. Ibeen looking for 4 months now. i paid between 5 & $6 4 3 of them. there calmer than the Danio and more actice than neon tetra.http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_rummy.php

1 - 13 of 13 Posts