The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else just starting school, or will be starting soon? Most schools in my area started 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I know there's a few other young hobbiests on here. :)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
i would be heading back to college some time around now but im taking the semester off to help out at home and make a little money (also learning how to weld and hopefully will have a certificate after i'm done)

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
College is way better than high school. You actually look forward to going to school. Well I did anyway. Find a major you love and you're set.

The only thing that sucks is tuition.

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
Yep, my tuition at UF went up 15% starting this semester. With my labs and materials fees, I'm paying a little over $2300 for this semester.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
$2300 for a semester is nothing! Undergrad is over $20,000 a semester at most private schools. I'm in the middle of my $100,000 MBA right now.

But for those of you going back to school tomorrow, enjoy it! And get as much out of it as you can. Clubs, sports, everything. Taking advantage of everything opportunity your education system provides you will give you an edge in your life going forward. (Gosh, I sound like an old man)

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah i go to a private school and the tuition is over $20,000 per year. I think it's a waste of money, but hey - it's my parent's money, not mine. D:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Yeah...starting the fall semester tomorrow. Taking only a class a day(not including body fitness and eng lab). I'm not excited at all, just a little scared taking this class that I heard is pretty difficult.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah...starting the fall semester tomorrow. Taking only a class a day(not including body fitness and eng lab). I'm not excited at all, just a little scared taking this class that I heard is pretty difficult.
I'm scared for english. D: I never do well in it, and i hear it's the hardest class in the freshman year at my school.

Hopefully it's just a rumor :hihi:

I hope everyone that is returning to school, high school, college, etc has a good first day tomorrow. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'm scared for english. D: I never do well in it, and i hear it's the hardest class in the freshman year at my school.

Hopefully it's just a rumor :hihi:

I hope everyone that is returning to school, high school, college, etc has a good first day tomorrow. :thumbsup:
I was scared of taking english my first year in college but it just depends on your teacher. The class I'm scared of taking is History(heard all the teachers for this class in my school is difficult). I am taking my last English course this semester.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Yep, my tuition at UF went up 15% starting this semester. With my labs and materials fees, I'm paying a little over $2300 for this semester.
I was shocked at the 15% but you're getting a great deal for $2300. Take advantage of it... That was the price for a class for some of the schools I went to.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
I start on tuesday for some weird reason. This year I'm going to be a high school senior. I'm going to try to do 0 period now and that means I get out at lunch!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts