The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a community tank with some cardinals and rummy nose. I did a thread earlier asking for a german blue ram or apisto but after doing some research found out they might eat my shrimps. So now I want to get some friendlier tetras. The only other group I know is harlequin tetras they do go well in groups but not a lot of colors. Can you guys recommend me some kind of tetras that go well in group about 30-40 with some nice colors.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am keeping the cardinal tetras. I want to get another group of tetras to go along with them. I already have like 40 cardinals I dont want to much kinda look funky with all those bright colors. Another group of tetras that has some alternative color than the cardinals.

·
Registered
277 Posts
serpa tetras, easy to car efor, pretty durable, also glass bloodfins tetras, again durable, and easy to care for(all colorful, especially the serpas)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you guys know the tetra name that kinda look like a cardinal tetra but dont have the red part at the bottom? They only have the blue part. My brother bought some but I forgot the name. They all died though I want to get some of them again. I just check that serpa tetra out on google brilliant recommendation.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Cardinals are nice, but difficult to acclimate. Once they are acclimated, however, they seem quite hardy as long as everything is stable.
I also have harlequin rasboras (26-27 total) and since tank setup (~4 mo), I've only lost one or two and those were already sickly IMHO. They school well and look nice. They're kind of a bronze/orange w/ the black marking. The espei and hengalis look neat, although I've never tried those before. Pretty similar in color, with some minor differences.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.