The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m cycling my new tank.
I ordered a BUNCH of plants marked “easy” from Aquarium Co-Op, including a Scarlet Temple.

Upon further research (after I ordered it) I realized red plants are special snowflakes that require a meth lab to grow 🙂 and also that they don’t love it when it’s TOO hot and I had my heater cranked up to like 82 for cycling purposes.

However.
My original Scarlet Templed got roughed up in shipping. So I sent a pic to Aquarium Co-Op and they were SUPER nice and sent me another plant (and I weaseled a couple of moss balls without having to pay shipping heehee)

So now my original plant is a goopy stump.

My new plant looks good.

I decided to float him (saw a YouTube video where one was floating) figured maybe I can try it that way.

I have little faith that I can save this guy without CO2 in a filter sand substrate with some root tabs.

But is there anything I can do to at least give him a fighting chance?

I lowered my temp to 79 (which I think is still to high but I do need to create a good environment for my bacteria)

Will floating him help? Or is that just silly?

Thanks!!!!

First plant - on arrival and then a few days later
Plant Botany Organism Terrestrial plant Aquatic plant

First plant today 😞
Wood Water Trunk Marine biology Aquarium

New plant floating. Looks ok for now (only day 3)
Plant Entertainment Tree Pink Flower

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m cycling my new tank.
I ordered a BUNCH of plants marked “easy” from Aquarium Co-Op, including a Scarlet Temple.

Upon further research (after I ordered it) I realized red plants are special snowflakes that require a meth lab to grow 🙂 and also that they don’t love it when it’s TOO hot and I had my heater cranked up to like 82 for cycling purposes.

However.
My original Scarlet Templed got roughed up in shipping. So I sent a pic to Aquarium Co-Op and they were SUPER nice and sent me another plant (and I weaseled a couple of moss balls without having to pay shipping heehee)

So now my original plant is a goopy stump.

My new plant looks good.

I decided to float him (saw a YouTube video where one was floating) figured maybe I can try it that way.

I have little faith that I can save this guy without CO2 in a filter sand substrate with some root tabs.

But is there anything I can do to at least give him a fighting chance?

I lowered my temp to 79 (which I think is still to high but I do need to create a good environment for my bacteria)

Will floating him help? Or is that just silly?

Thanks!!!!

First plant - on arrival and then a few days later
View attachment 900541

First plant today 😞
View attachment 900543

New plant floating. Looks ok for now (only day 3)
View attachment 900545
Did you have luck with saving it? I ordered a bundle from aquarium coop. I let one float and planted three. One completely melted away in two days and the other two started melting at the root so I immediately floated them and they seem to be okay now....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts