The Planted Tank Forum banner

Scaredy-Fish

429 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  AshNeon93
All of a sudden my neon tetras (All 9 of them) are scared of me! They used to follow my hands and come up for food as soon as I opened it, but now they flinch and hide, 4 of them randomly went all weird and died, symptoms of a illness or just scared due to the fact I'm about 1000 times there size haha? Also they do eat, just after I have moved away, I haven't been banging the glass or anything stupid, although I have a little brother and a cat so maybe one of them gave them a scare.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
918 Posts
My guppies did this. Still scared after a few weeks.

Just try to coax them out with food. I assume they aren't the only fish in the tank, so if your other fish are fine, your water is probably fine. Never hurts to check, but if you don't have a kit, don't stress over it. Make sure nothing in the tank is scaring them.

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I used to have my filter outlet buffed and I've now moved it, there is a lot more flow in the tank maybe they don't like that, my endlers and cherry shrimp are fine so I thin the water is fine, I'm religious with water changes at way, Thanks guys I guess I'll just keep an eye on them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.