The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just aquascaped with my ADA Aqua Soil for two hours until my fingers literally bled. I got a design I like. It's a very curvy/hill scape, and I'd like to define the curves more.

I've heard it starts turning mushy when you add water and I don't want it to do that. I'm planning to do a dry start.

Is it easier to shape if I saturate it with water? Any warnings?

·
Registered
341 Posts
It won't crumble unless you really work stones down into it pushing instead of digging. And the breakdown is really insignificant even if you do. Don't saturate it just spray it with a water bottle really well.

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk

917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It won't crumble unless you really work stones down into it pushing instead of digging. And the breakdown is really insignificant even if you do. Don't saturate it just spray it with a water bottle really well.

Sent from my LG-D500 using Tapatalk
Okay, well the way I have the scape, it is about 5-6" in the back of the tank and 1" at most in the front middle (a little valley)... So there's about an 1" of water in the bottom of the tank which pooled in that small valley.

If it isn't dry by the time I start adding the HC, I'll remove some water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.