The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife says it's time to let the "rocks" go.

These stones are collected from Northern MN. They have passed the vinegar test with flying colors and my tests have concluded that they do not significantly effect ph. I can make you a WYSIWYG package if you let me know what you are looking for or my scale may be more generous if you let me choose. They are dark blue/black underwater. Some rocks shatter into great pieces and others break into sheets. $1.50 per pound shipped - $20 minimum or trade for NICE Crystal Red Shrimp

This 5.5 gallon scape is not for sale- just an example of what you can create.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased this inline diffuser and have since decided to go with a DIY Rex reactor and inline heater. It's brand new never used and still has the protective film on it. I can't vouch for it's effectiveness but do a search and you'll find favorable reviews. Save a few bucks and time- I'm shipping from MN not Hong Kong. $27 shipped

Aquarium Atomizer System Diffuser 12/16mm host D508-12

Newly Safely-NutsR system designed for lock on the CO2 tube and water tube. You wouldn't worry the tube loose off by pressure or gravity.

It adopt Reserve Osmosis (RO) Technology that can diffuse CO2 in atomize Stage. The usage of CO2 will much less than even, it also come out with complete dissolved rate and produces excellent effect for the aquarium.

There is three specifications 8/12mm, 12/16 and 18mm/22mm for all kinds of external filter and hose.

For fresh water & marine tanks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Koop!
Can you post pictures of the rocks you have remaining??? particularly the large ones
Here are the larger ones 8-10 pounds each.

This one would be great to lay down flat. It has a nice step pattern to it.

Very simple and clean- would make a great plateau. I may even hold on to this one unless someone really likes it. It's very simply but "solid."

And the last of the smaller/medium stones. The very small ones are all gone.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm looking for some of these to scape the bottom of a 30 gal hex, so a few taller ones may work well. I have cash in hand, let me know how much you think I will need, I'm guessing 20-25 lbs.
I'm don't have that many tall ones left. Take a look at some of the new pics and let me know what you think.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, I'll take 30 lbs of whatever you can get me, I'll work with it, and see what I can make happen. I still don't have a solid plan with this tank, but I don't wanna pass this one up. Just try and get me a good mix of big and small ones.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have one 35 pound box left. Most of the pieces are medium sized, flat, and square. They probably wouldn't work well for an Iwagumi scape but if you use your imagination I bet you could create something interesting. Everything has been fairly well cherry picked and liquidshadwoz got the best of what's left. That being said I can ship the box out on Monday for $25. Any takers?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have any other packages available?

Thinking about setting up a 20 gallon long or 30 gallon.
Would be iwagumi style.

Thanks.
Sorry, that is the last of them until spring. If anyone is looking to create a terraced look these would work well. They are already boxed and ready to ship.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The rocks that Koop sent arrived on Monday for me. Last night, during a late night at the office, I was able to scape out an iwagumi setup for my 4 gallon Finnex. These rocks are awesome!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.