The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anybody help me out here...? I'm kinda new to this.. I need help on what to do with my 56 gallon column aquarium.... I wanted to do a simple setup with 3, 4, 5 different kinds of plants, or somewhere in there. well, this is my first scape.... with regular gravel, which I had really liked.

here is the second.... this is after I took out everything, and placed in floramax substrate, and then a whole bunch of eco complete on top. All the crypts melted, but unlike when I had the regular plain aquarium gravel, they are actually growing back.

here is the third idea... if thats what you even wanna call it lol I picked up some jungle val tonight.... at least that's what I think it is, but I honestly love it. seems like it does a great job filling in the back.

Well, I'm kinda lost on what to do... :icon_conf Especially with that sword lol which appears to be in not so great shape. the leaves are turning transparent. Should I get a whole bunch of more Jungle Vals and fill in the back, some more crypts in the front, or should I put back in the driftwood (which also appeared to have leaked quite a bit of more tannins into the water), and move those jungle vals to the side, what...? anybody..?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't plan on doing Java fern, or moss, or anything like that. Just root and stem plants. And I was thinking fishwise to do White Could Mountain Minnows. or maybe just cherry shrimp.

I was thinking of trying a carpet forground of dwarf sag, some crypts in the middle, and jungle vals in the back

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.