The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally learned how to grow plants instead of algae!

Now that I'm over that particular hurdle I need to work on my aquascaping skills.

This aquarium is my display tank and it lives in my living room. It's been through a series of rescapes since I started it about a year and a half ago. See http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=145836

I like the left side, but not the right side. Please excuse the equipment, the cucumber, and the weights holding the wood down!

I know that the Amazon Sword and Tiger Lotus may get big. I'll trim or remove them as needed.

In your opinion, what should I do?

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
The two pieces of wood to the right aren't working together and there is no transition between the two grassy plants. Is that what is bothering you about the right hand side?

What about moving the center wood and tipping it so it looks more like a continuation of the right hand wood or was moved there by the water current? Then move the lily from dead center to behind the wood so it can grow between the two grassy plants to offer contrast in color and leaf shape? You can prune too tall lily leaves and after a while it will stop throwing up the tall ones.

Not sure the red stems in front of the right side wood can be held long term so short. Sure you want to commit to using them that way? Some of them might look nice on the left side to contrast with your nice wisteria.

All that is wimpy tweaky stuff. I love the wood but it isn't enough to make an impact and would like to see the hard scape changed quite a bit. What happened to the great pieces you had before? Something between the two extremes would be nice to see.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.