The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never cared to read any of those past topics regarding planaria, until now (I can't fin them though). I was watching my shrimp, and I saw this little white worm thing moving on the glass. It was flat and small (length of a new born CRS). I figured it's a planaria by the way it looked and moved. I'm concerned about it. I have no idea how it got there, and if there's more. Suggestions on how to get rid of them?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I had that problem in my shrimp only tank. It got so bad that the dead white worms would stick to the glass after water had evaporate. I tossed in 2 small cardinal tetras into the tank 2 weeks ago, now there is NO sign of planaria anymore, and all my baby shrimp are still fine. Just put the safest fish for shrimp into your tank, it'll snatch them all up.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Is fenbendazole available from a vet's office?

Also, any of you vendors out there, if you have anything to get rid of planaria in a shrimp tank, please let me know.:icon_smil

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
You can buy it at petsmart, at least over in the states you can.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2752059

Over here in Canada, I'm not so sure. Doesn't seem so, which sucks because I wouldn't mind dosing my tanks to get rid of them. First I have to figure out how to cure my cherries from their white fuzzy heads though. lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.